Friday, September 7, 2012

Snow. Lots of it!!!

As some of you might know, I grew up in Singapore. Tropical. Hot all year round. Tanned. Shorts. Thongs. You name it. I didn't own a single scarf. You'd be crazy to wear jeans out of the house.

So when I went up to the snow last weekend, it was literally that mind-blowing.
I didn't realise how much of an impact it would be for me. It wasn't the first time I'd seen snow.
But boy... was it GOOD!

Place of awesome snow: Mt. Hotham
People it happened with: Me, Hubs, our 2 girls (Clari, Celeste) and many good old friends
We had about 9 extra babysitter friends. Couldn't have been better.

Chicken parma at Harrietville along the way.
Golden canola fields
Snow chains fitted.
Snowing at night.
We stepped out of the car and walked on the slippery ice.
We walked further up the snow and each step we took landed us knee deep into the snow.
LOVE IT!!
Happy first aiders
Someone once took a photo of a sunrise on Instagram and commented that it was sad really that some people don't actually catch a single sunrise at all in a year. And I thought that was really true.
I love my bed soooo much. I'm not really a morning person. I like hiding under that warm doona too much.

But up there. If I didn't wake up and go for that morning walk or that sunset walk... I knew I'd never get the chance again at least for a while. Or who knows. Maybe the snow next time might be really crap. It might never be that perfect again. That moment. Where you have no one around you. When the whole world is silent and the only thing moving is the sun.

There were so many happy people just enjoying.
Away from work. Away from it all.
Breathing in all that fresh cold air. Freezing away. Getting warm.
Smiling. Laughing.
Oh my. And the exorbitantly priced gravy and chips tasted so darn good.

Dreaming of the next time...
Ah. Holidays.
Travel.




2 comments:

  1. Looks like absolutely perfect weather! I love the snow so much too, and there is something about the sun rising over pristine snow that is just magical :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photos!!! Looks like an amazing holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I absolutely love reading them! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...