Friday, January 13, 2012

'Thanks' - the baby version

Day 13 | 9.01pm | In Your Bag

Took this photo at night after the kids had gone to bed, house was clean... and well, Friday had officially
ended in this household.
I think photos are amazing. I take a photo and then I look at it and sometimes, no matter how I take it,
I have the feeling that I just can't seem to get it right. One of those days. One of those weeks.
Might be the fact that one of our bunnies died suddenly at the vet on Wednesday. I watched it die. I was crying my heart out because I was caught totally unprepared. I thought it was just a little sick and I was going to go home with a bunny on the road to recovery. But I guess it wasn't meant to be. Poor Patchy!
We miss you! I miss you!
Hence, the crap photo today. The late photo yesterday. Eyes were a little sore after crying.
Back is aching, arms are aching! 
The only thing better than being a physio yourself is having a hubs for a physio. Yay to back cracks in your own home. 

The other reason for the busy day is that I've really sat down for a few days and started preparing for next week's Kokka/vintage/doilies/fabric sale. I love this 'job' of mine. I really do delight in the fact that I have all this fabric and there are so many of you out there that are so, so much more wonderfully talented than me and I just know that there will be so many amazing things created with these fabrics and embellishments.

Thought you might like to see what I've been looking at today *wink


This is ... I think, one-third of the whole stash. Yum yum! 


Also, Baby has started showing off some words this week. I think she's trying really hard to say 'thank you' 
when we give her something but it comes out sounding like 'damn you'. Might have to try perfect that one before my Mum comes next week for a visit. 
What can you do... she is too cute that it's almost a crime. 
Happy weekend you!! 







6 comments:

  1. Awwww.... poor bunny! Poor you! Hope you are feeling all better soon. Enjoying your posts...keep them coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. big hugs germaine, it's the hardest thing to say goodbye to family pets, I was a wreck 8wks after having ruby, I had to *make* the decision to say goodbye to our family cat, he was 18 and getting very frail and sick, I could tell he was in so much pain. oh how I missed him, the days following. it will get easier. you have those beautiful girls to put a smile back on your face. and I will make sure I tune in to FB for the sale! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh!! your photos are just lovely!!! :) I'm so glad I found your blog!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. mine is too starting to talk a few words now. "What's this?" "nooooo" and then follow by the "ah? uh?" *holding your finger pointing at what she wants. today she asked me to give up my 'regular seat' for her dad to sit on just so she can sit on her dad watch her favourite video clip :(i like reading how you write. it's always something funny and light :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad for you and your kids Germaine - loosing a pet is like loosing a person from your family xx big hugs from my family to yours - especially you :-) Kylie W

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your bunny!
    That really is sad.
    Hug your cute kids extra tight {that always helps me!}
    The stash of fabric looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I absolutely love reading them! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...