Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Childhood

Day 10 |2.38pm | Childhood

There is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where colors are brighter, the air softer, and the morning more fragrant than ever again. - Elizabeth Lawrence

These toys belong to my husband.
My mother-in-law handed me to them a few years back... I was as happy as a clam!
They don't make toys as fantastic as they used to... agreed?

Chester the Turtle. You wind up his back and away he goes with his flippers rattling!
Tupperware!
Lovey the Penguin. He never falls down! 
I think penguins look very smart and lovey indeed with bow ties and long eyelashes!
We name all our stuff toys in this household. 
Ormond and Finlay the Dogs. 
Jake the Lion.
Bibi Bear the Bear. 

Miss 4 might be able to take you on a Toy Tour in our house one day.
She chatters heaps! 
 That's a little healthy stash of Little Golden Books. I have big plans to make it 'healthier'. 

 My fave Little Golden Book. I love Mary Blair. 
32 pcs. Make A Pair game. Given by one of my oldest bestest friends to my Miss 4. Too much fun! We have lots of fun overturning the whole box and watching all the pieces fall and scatter everywhere. Fastest fingers match a pair! 
A happy and simple childhood is one of life's greatest blessings.
If you're doing the photo challenge too, please do feel free to link here or facebook 
so I can follow your lovely pics too! :) 
xx Germaine 

2 comments:

  1. agreed! they don't make toys like they used too. i love your Little Golden Book collection! i just bought one to add to our little collection today at a thrift store. they're so pretty on a shelf or in a nice stack! so wonderful that you're mominlaw saved some of his toys - what a sweet blessing for you all. happy 10th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have fond memories of the Tupperware toys too....it really is special when you have sweet things from being a child that you can now share with your own children.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I absolutely love reading them! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...